Did You Know Your Pets Are Actually Making You Healthier?
We love our furry friends and no one can deny that they make us happier – but did you know that there’s significant research showing our pets actually make us healthier too?
Here are some of the amazing health benefits of being a dog and/or cat parent:
- Lower blood pressure
- Lower risk of heart disease
- Better recovery from illness
- Lower risk of allergies in children (contrary to popular belief!)
- Reduced stress
- Decreased depression and anxiety
- Stronger immune system
- Helps children with Autism develop social skills
- Relief for PTSD
The more time we spend with them – petting them, playing with them, taking them for walks, connecting with them – the better. Taking care of loving pets puts us into their world and gets us away from our own thoughts. There’s no doubt about it, our bonds with our pets are special and enriching; they are important members of our families.
The Human Animal Bond Research Institute offers a great resource to investigate the science behind the health benefits of owning pets, called The Pet Effect. Check out these entertaining videos about owning a dog or a cat:
Pet parents’ well-being is tied to their pets – which is all the more reason to make sure your pets are as healthy and happy as they can be!
Is it time for your pet’s next visit? Book an appointment today!
Fighting like cats and dogs? Get our step-by-step guide: How to Introduce Cats and Dogs So They’ll Get Along!
Get Your Paws on Our Previous Posts:
- Is Your Dog Stressed Out? [Video]
- Prevention Is The Best Medicine: Make “Cat Soup” for Healthy Cats!
- Our 24/7 Emergency Veterinary Hospital [Video]
- Did You Know Your Pets Are Actually Making You Healthier? - September 7, 2017
- Is Your Dog Stressed Out? [Video] - July 21, 2017
- Top 10 Tips for Travelling Long Distances in the Car with Your Dog - June 27, 2017
- Celebrate Clarkson Village Animal Hospital’s 30th Anniversary! - June 7, 2017
- Prevention Is The Best Medicine: Make “Cat Soup” for Healthy Cats! - May 24, 2017
- Pet Hospital Tails: 15lb Dog Survives Coyote Attack in the GTA – The Full Story! (Warning: Graphic Photos) - April 25, 2017
- Pet Teeth vs Human Teeth – Can You Spot Dental Disease? - April 11, 2017
- Get a 10% Discount on Parasite Prevention Medication! - March 31, 2017
- Watch Out for These Top 10 Household Toxins for Dogs and Cats! - March 19, 2017
- Important Tips to Protect Your Family and Pets from Coyotes - March 1, 2017