Prevention Is The Best Medicine: Make “Cat Soup” for Healthy Cats!
We all take our health for granted; but when something goes wrong, it can sometimes go really wrong. We all know people who have had to endure weeks, months, or years of medical problems, unable to pin down the exact cause or treatment.
It should come as no surprise that the same goes for our pets. Most issues can be dealt with fairly directly, but occasionally diagnosis can become complicated.
When it comes to nutrition and diet, it is extremely important to only feed food from the veterinarian. These foods are excellent nutrition, highly digestible, and are made for prevention and therapy of a range of conditions. The Rayne pet food company provides whole food nutrition, the same as we aim for our own food.
So – What Is “Cat Soup” and How Do I Make It?
We have proven over the past 10 years that cats who eat the veterinary urine-protective foods and who drink “Cat Soup” soup daily have a near zero chance of bladder problems and have a great head start later in life in terms of kidney function.
Cat Soup is essentially making your cat’s canned food into more of a drink. Start with 1/3 to 1/5 of a can and add a bit more water every couple of days, so over the course of a few weeks it becomes a ‘soup’. If you go too far and it becomes unattractive, then simply back off a bit on the water.
Continue feeding the dry food as usual, feeding about ¼ cup less if feeding about ¼ can/day.
At Clarkson Village Animal Hospital, this is our 100% recommendation for all cats, starting as kittens to set up ideal feeding habits for life.
Clarkson Village Animal Hospital works hard to provide the best possible care for your cat. We are a 24/7 emergency animal hospital with a vet always physically on site. Book your cat’s next appointment now.
Get your cat in the carrier and to the vet without anxiety. See our free tip sheet on stress-free cat travel.
Get Your Paws on Our Previous Posts:
- What Cat Owners Need to Know about Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease (It Can Be Excruciatingly Painful and Deadly!)
- 7 Things Vets Want You to Know about Your Cat
- Is Your Indoor Cat Bored?
- Celebrate Clarkson Village Animal Hospital’s 30th Anniversary! - June 7, 2017
- Prevention Is The Best Medicine: Make “Cat Soup” for Healthy Cats! - May 24, 2017
- Pet Hospital Tails: 15lb Dog Survives Coyote Attack in the GTA – The Full Story! (Warning: Graphic Photos) - April 25, 2017
- Pet Teeth vs Human Teeth – Can You Spot Dental Disease? - April 11, 2017
- Get a 10% Discount on Parasite Prevention Medication! - March 31, 2017
- Watch Out for These Top 10 Household Toxins for Dogs and Cats! - March 19, 2017
- Important Tips to Protect Your Family and Pets from Coyotes - March 1, 2017
- Pet Hospital Tails: 15lb Dog Survives Coyote Attack in the GTA (Featured on CityNews with Dr. Mudrick) - February 28, 2017
- Top 3 Benefits of Spaying or Neutering Your Pet - February 13, 2017
- Voted #1 Mississauga Veterinary Clinic for the Second Year in a Row! - February 1, 2017