Pet Poison Prevention Week: Top 10 Common Household Pet Toxins
March 15-21, 2015 is Pet Poison Prevention Week! It’s the perfect time to educate yourself about some of the toxins our dogs and cats most commonly ingest.
Many of these substances can be easily accessed by our pets within our homes, so it’s important to know the danger and pet-proof your house!
Remember: If you think your pet may have ingested something potentially toxic to them, call your emergency veterinary clinic (our 24/7 emergency number is 905-855-2100) right away.
Here’s the Pet Poison Helpline’s top 10 most commonly ingested toxins list for dogs:
Here’s the Pet Poison Helpline’s top 10 most commonly ingested toxins list for cats:
As you can see, you must always make sure all medications are safely out of your pet’s reach. Be very careful about what medications you do give your pets; only medications specifically prescribed by your veterinarian for your specific animal are safe.
Of course, there are countless other poisonous substances your pet could get into – and many are more dangerous than some of these common ones. For a full list of every pet poison, click here to visit the Pet Poison Helpline’s website.
>> Has your dog or cat ingested a pet toxin? Call us right now at 905-855-2100. If you have any questions about pet toxins or keeping your pets safe, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Get Your Paws on Our Previous Posts:
- How to Brush Your Pet’s Teeth to Promote Dental Health (And Avoid Oral Disease)
- Will You Recognize the Symptoms If Your Pet Develops a Urinary Tract Problem?
- Do You Have an Emergency Care Plan for Your Pet?
- Is Your Dog Stressed Out? [Video] - July 21, 2017
- Top 10 Tips for Travelling Long Distances in the Car with Your Dog - June 27, 2017
- Celebrate Clarkson Village Animal Hospital’s 30th Anniversary! - June 7, 2017
- Prevention Is The Best Medicine: Make “Cat Soup” for Healthy Cats! - May 24, 2017
- Pet Hospital Tails: 15lb Dog Survives Coyote Attack in the GTA – The Full Story! (Warning: Graphic Photos) - April 25, 2017
- Pet Teeth vs Human Teeth – Can You Spot Dental Disease? - April 11, 2017
- Get a 10% Discount on Parasite Prevention Medication! - March 31, 2017
- Watch Out for These Top 10 Household Toxins for Dogs and Cats! - March 19, 2017
- Important Tips to Protect Your Family and Pets from Coyotes - March 1, 2017
- Pet Hospital Tails: 15lb Dog Survives Coyote Attack in the GTA (Featured on CityNews with Dr. Mudrick) - February 28, 2017