Pet Hospital Tails: 15lb Dog Survives Coyote Attack in the GTA (Featured on CityNews with Dr. Mudrick)
We’d like to warn all pet parents that we’ve seen an increase in coyote attacks on pets in the western GTA recently! We can’t stress this enough – please be vigilant and keep a close eye on your furry loved ones. We want you all to be safe out there.
Lola, a beautiful little 15lb dog from Mississauga, was recently attacked by three coyotes in her own backyard and rushed to our animal hospital for emergency care. She had a severely injured leg, extensive lacerations, and puncture wounds. After many days in our intensive care, we are happy to say she is doing fabulously at home. She is still so happy to come for her recheck visits!
Dr. Mudrick and Lola’s mom were just featured on CityNews, discussing this scary story and providing suggestions for dealing with coyote attacks. Watch now:
Coyote attacks can happen in a matter of seconds, and it’s imperative to seek medical attention immediately should this unfortunate incident happen to your pet.
Here is Lola, the strong and brave little warrior who survived this vicious coyote assault:
Lola’s parents did the right thing by coming to us. Remember, we are always here for you, day or night, in case of emergency situations such as this one. We’re never closed and your pet will never be left alone.
Lola, we’re sending lots of snuggles your way, and we wish you a speedy recovery! You’re such a trooper!
Stay tuned for part 2 of Lola’s tale, where we’ll tell the full story of her injuries and amazing recovery.
Has your pet been injured or attacked? Call us at 905-855-2100 immediately and bring them in for emergency care. We are always open 24/7 with a vet on site (never “on call”).
Fighting like cats and dogs? Get our step-by-step guide: How to Introduce Cats and Dogs So They’ll Get Along!
Get Your Paws on Our Previous Posts:
- Top 3 Benefits of Spaying or Neutering Your Pet
- Voted #1 Mississauga Veterinary Clinic for the Second Year in a Row!
- Pet Hospital Tails: Vomiting 10 Week Old Puppy
- Did You Know Your Pets Are Actually Making You Healthier? - September 7, 2017
- Is Your Dog Stressed Out? [Video] - July 21, 2017
- Top 10 Tips for Travelling Long Distances in the Car with Your Dog - June 27, 2017
- Celebrate Clarkson Village Animal Hospital’s 30th Anniversary! - June 7, 2017
- Prevention Is The Best Medicine: Make “Cat Soup” for Healthy Cats! - May 24, 2017
- Pet Hospital Tails: 15lb Dog Survives Coyote Attack in the GTA – The Full Story! (Warning: Graphic Photos) - April 25, 2017
- Pet Teeth vs Human Teeth – Can You Spot Dental Disease? - April 11, 2017
- Get a 10% Discount on Parasite Prevention Medication! - March 31, 2017
- Watch Out for These Top 10 Household Toxins for Dogs and Cats! - March 19, 2017
- Important Tips to Protect Your Family and Pets from Coyotes - March 1, 2017