Dr. Mudrick Discusses Pet Depression on CityNews in Response to “Dog Returned To Shelter Is Too Sad To Go On Walks” [Video]
Have you seen the viral article yet about Lana, the saddest dog? The article titled “Dog Returned To Shelter Is Too Sad To Go On Walks” shows a beautiful two-year-old dog hunched over in despair after being returned to a Mississauga animal shelter.
CityNews recently did a story on Lana, discussing how depression affects animals as well as humans, and encouraging people to adopt Lana and other shelter animals.
Our own Dr. Mudrick was interviewed in this video on the subject of animal depression. As the video says, animals like dogs and cats are capable of complex emotions like jealousy, depression, and anxiety.
Dr. Mudrick discusses how to discourage our pets from feeling depressed and instead encourage more positive behaviours.
Lana’s current foster-mom is trying to help Lana overcome her depression while she waits for her forever home.
Watch the full video below to meet Lana and see what Dr. Mudrick had to say:
Lana and other animals like her can bounce back given a loving environment and the right care.
If you’re interested in giving a dog like Lana a forever-home, click here to visit the Rescue Dogs Match website.
We highly recommend pet owners to seek guidance for pet behavioural counseling before giving up their pet due to behavioural problems. Pets like Lana don’t always understand when they are doing something wrong and that is why it can be so crushing to them if they are abandoned as a result. Behavioural counseling gives them the chance to change their behaviour and stay at their forever-homes.
>>Dr. Mudrick is trained to provide pet behavioural counseling and behavioural treatment plans. If you are concerned about an aspect of your pet’s behaviour, please contact us and request an appointment for a behavioural consultation.
Help get your cat in the carrier and to the vet without anxiety. Get our free tip sheet on stress-free cat travel.
Get Your Paws on Our Previous Posts:
- Is My Puppy Having Growing Pains?
- Is Your Indoor Cat Bored?
- Pet Bites, Veterinary Teams, and Helping Your Pets Stay Calm
- Celebrate Clarkson Village Animal Hospital’s 30th Anniversary! - June 7, 2017
- Prevention Is The Best Medicine: Make “Cat Soup” for Healthy Cats! - May 24, 2017
- Pet Hospital Tails: 15lb Dog Survives Coyote Attack in the GTA – The Full Story! (Warning: Graphic Photos) - April 25, 2017
- Pet Teeth vs Human Teeth – Can You Spot Dental Disease? - April 11, 2017
- Get a 10% Discount on Parasite Prevention Medication! - March 31, 2017
- Watch Out for These Top 10 Household Toxins for Dogs and Cats! - March 19, 2017
- Important Tips to Protect Your Family and Pets from Coyotes - March 1, 2017
- Pet Hospital Tails: 15lb Dog Survives Coyote Attack in the GTA (Featured on CityNews with Dr. Mudrick) - February 28, 2017
- Top 3 Benefits of Spaying or Neutering Your Pet - February 13, 2017
- Voted #1 Mississauga Veterinary Clinic for the Second Year in a Row! - February 1, 2017