Bring Your Cat to the Vet Day 2016!
When was the last time you brought your cat to the vet? Be honest now.
It is a common trend for cats to receive veterinary care less often than their canine counterparts – but this should not be the norm!
People have a false belief that cats do not need to see the vet regularly – that they are self-sufficient and that as long as you don’t notice anything wrong with them, they’re fine. This is a very damaging myth for cats. Cats need to see the vet at least once per year! They are exceptionally good at masking and hiding signs of pain and symptoms of illness, which means many pet owners can’t notice something is wrong until it’s too late and the problem has become severe. Unfortunately, we see this occur daily.
Regular wellness exams (yes, even indoor cats need regular check-ups!) allow the vet to perform a full physical examination, checking the mouth, eyes and ears, the chest and abdomen, the joints, the skin, etc. We want to be able to catch any health problems early, while we have a good chance at controlling the situation, before they become debilitating or life-threatening. This can be the difference between life and death for your cat, or between a high quality of life and a low one.
To be healthy and happy, both indoor and outdoor cats need visits to the vet to receive appropriate vaccines, parasite prevention treatments, and to check if they are hiding any medical conditions. Read more about why your cat needs vet check-ups.
Remember, our cats can’t tell us when something is wrong. We need to examine them to find out.
Our focus is on prevention. Today is Bring Your Cat to the Vet Day. Book an appointment with your veterinarian now and help your cat live their best life.
Is your cat really anxious and stressed about vet visits? Get our free tip sheet for transporting your nervous cat to the vet!
Get Your Paws on Our Previous Posts:
- Is Your Indoor Cat Bored?
- How to Provide Environmental Enrichment for Your Indoor Cat
- What Cat Owners Need to Know about Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease (It Can Be Deadly!)
- Is Your Dog Stressed Out? [Video] - July 21, 2017
- Top 10 Tips for Travelling Long Distances in the Car with Your Dog - June 27, 2017
- Celebrate Clarkson Village Animal Hospital’s 30th Anniversary! - June 7, 2017
- Prevention Is The Best Medicine: Make “Cat Soup” for Healthy Cats! - May 24, 2017
- Pet Hospital Tails: 15lb Dog Survives Coyote Attack in the GTA – The Full Story! (Warning: Graphic Photos) - April 25, 2017
- Pet Teeth vs Human Teeth – Can You Spot Dental Disease? - April 11, 2017
- Get a 10% Discount on Parasite Prevention Medication! - March 31, 2017
- Watch Out for These Top 10 Household Toxins for Dogs and Cats! - March 19, 2017
- Important Tips to Protect Your Family and Pets from Coyotes - March 1, 2017
- Pet Hospital Tails: 15lb Dog Survives Coyote Attack in the GTA (Featured on CityNews with Dr. Mudrick) - February 28, 2017