ALERT: Purina Beneful Dog Food May Have Caused Thousands of Deaths
Pet parents need to be aware of the new lawsuit against Purina’s Beneful dog food.
Beneful is being blamed for thousands of dog deaths.
According to the lawsuit, these two ingredients in Beneful may be toxic:
- Propylene glycol
The Consumer Affairs website features hundreds of stories about pets who developed health problems ranging in severity after being fed Beneful.
For more information about the Purina Beneful Lawsuit, visit this article in HuffPost Canada: “Purina Beneful Dog Food Blamed For Thousands Of Dog Deaths”.
However, we would like to note that Purina has released a statement denying the claims. They attest that Beneful does not have quality issues. Read Purina’s side of the story here, “Purina: ‘No Quality Issues With Beneful’”
Although it is still unproven that any pet illnesses or deaths were caused by Beneful, it is essential for pet parents to be aware of the potential danger.
Healthy Dog Nutrition
Unfortunately, animal food production simply isn’t monitored and regulated the same way human food production is. This can result in pet food companies cutting corners, engaging in unsafe practices, or compromising the food’s quality.
At Clarkson Village Animal Hospital, we are strong proponents of proper nutrition for pets. Nutrition is one of the best ways to take care of your dog (or cat). Good nutrition helps to keep them healthy and prevent potential health issues or diseases long before they happen.
Depending on your dog’s age, breed, lifestyle, and current health, their nutritional requirements will be different. You need to consult with your veterinarian to figure out the optimal diet for your unique dog.
We believe that the best pet foods need to undergo ongoing feeding trials and rigorous quality testing. Unfortunately, too many cheap, “grocery-store” pet food brands do not come close to passing this test.
Superior pet food leads to happy dogs with lots of energy, beautiful coats, and better overall quality of life. Veterinary approved pet foods offer “food as medicine” to help prevent and treat common medical conditions. Poor pet food – even when not immediately dangerous – leads to health complications down the road and poorer quality of life.
Make the best nutrition choices you can for your pets!
>> Clarkson Village Animal Hospital emphasizes preventive care, such as proper nutrition, to improve the quality of life for pets. Book an appointment today if you would like to discuss diet recommendations with us!
Get Your Paws on Our Previous Posts:
- How to Brush Your Pet’s Teeth to Promote Dental Health (And Avoid Oral Disease)
- Will You Recognize the Symptoms If Your Pet Develops a Urinary Tract Problem?
- How to Care for Your Aging Dog – 7 Health Considerations
- Celebrate Clarkson Village Animal Hospital’s 30th Anniversary! - June 7, 2017
- Prevention Is The Best Medicine: Make “Cat Soup” for Healthy Cats! - May 24, 2017
- Pet Hospital Tails: 15lb Dog Survives Coyote Attack in the GTA – The Full Story! (Warning: Graphic Photos) - April 25, 2017
- Pet Teeth vs Human Teeth – Can You Spot Dental Disease? - April 11, 2017
- Get a 10% Discount on Parasite Prevention Medication! - March 31, 2017
- Watch Out for These Top 10 Household Toxins for Dogs and Cats! - March 19, 2017
- Important Tips to Protect Your Family and Pets from Coyotes - March 1, 2017
- Pet Hospital Tails: 15lb Dog Survives Coyote Attack in the GTA (Featured on CityNews with Dr. Mudrick) - February 28, 2017
- Top 3 Benefits of Spaying or Neutering Your Pet - February 13, 2017
- Voted #1 Mississauga Veterinary Clinic for the Second Year in a Row! - February 1, 2017