Doggy Treats Recipes
Peanut Butter Cookies
Seriously, these look good enough for me!
- 3 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Combine the peanut butter, water, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a bowl and beat with electric mixer until well mixed. Set aside.
- Combine the cornmeal, whole-wheat flour, unbleached flour and rolled oats in a second bowl and mix.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and beat – either by hand or electric mixer until a ball of dough forms.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured board to a thickness of 1/2 inch. Use a favorite cookie cutter and place cut biscuits on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and share with your canine companion!
Oatmeal and Cheese Cookies
Original recipe makes 4 dozen.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, margarine, and boiling water. Let stand 10 minutes. Grease cookie sheets.
- Thoroughly stir in cornmeal, sugar, bouillon, milk, Cheddar cheese, and egg. Mix in flour, 1 cup at a time, until a stiff dough has formed.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface, mixing in additional flour as necessary until dough is smooth and no longer sticky. Roll or pat out dough to 1/2″ thickness. Cut with cookie cutter (I prefer bone shaped), and place 1 inch apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Cool before serving. Store in a loosely covered container.
- PREP 30 mins
- COOK 30 mins
- READY IN 1 hr