Clarkson Village Animal Hospital Social Media Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Social media contests are only open to legal residents of Canada who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry. Employees of Clarkson Village Animal Hospital and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in any Contest. Contests are subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Clarkson Village Animal Hospital, as final and binding as it relates to the contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on the date given in the contest post. All online entries must be received before the contest deadlines which will be announced in the social media post.
- How to Enter:Contests must be entered via Clarkson Village Animal Hospital’s social media channels as stated in the contest announcement post. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Clarkson Village Animal Hospital. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Clarkson Village Animal Hospital.
- Prizes: Winners will receive the prize as stated in the contest announcement on social media. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Clarkson Village Animal Hospital. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Clarkson Village Animal Hospital’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, provincial, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Clarkson Village Animal Hospital to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner selection, notification and prize retrieval: Winners of the Contests will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Clarkson Village Animal Hospital. Winners will be notified through the social media channel where the contest was won within five (5) days following the winner selection. Clarkson Village Animal Hospital shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to computer error, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, the prize will be forfeited. Contest winners must pick up their prize at Clarkson Village Animal Hospital located at 1659 Lakeshore Rd W., Mississauga, Ontario, L5J 1J4. Contest winners who do not retrieve their contest prize within thirty (30) days of the winner announcement will forfeit the prize.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and provincial laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT CLARKSON VILLAGE ANIMAL HOSPITAL’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering a contest you understand that Clarkson Village Animal Hospital, anyone acting on behalf of Clarkson Village Animal Hospital, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms:Clarkson Village Animal Hospital reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Clarkson Village Animal Hospital may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Clarkson Village Animal Hospital. Clarkson Village Animal Hospital reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of a contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Clarkson Village Animal Hospital has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Clarkson Village Animal Hospital reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Clarkson Village Animal Hospital and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in a contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Ontario having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 1659 Lakeshore Rd W., Mississauga, Ontario, L5J 1J4
Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Clarkson Village Animal Hospital, 1659 Lakeshore Rd W., Mississauga, Ontario, L5J 1J4.